Can we please see skill prices, descriptions and time to learn at full skills?

Forum for all bug reports relating to the 2018 Early Access phase of A tractor
VDZ
Can we please see skill prices, descriptions and time to learn at full skills?

Post by VDZ » Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:15 pm

At some point, every sufficiently dedicated player hits the skill limit (3 skills on Grey). Once that limit is hit, the school will just tell you to feck off because you're already at max skills; you can't even see which skills are available, let alone what they do and how much they cost. This makes it very difficult to plan ahead, as skills cost a lot and take a long time to learn, so forgetting a skill is a very difficult decision which you really want full information for. Can we get access to the menu (with a warning of 'You already have the maximum number of skills! Forget one if you want to learn another!') so this decision is less of a gamble?

In addition, as far as I was able to tell, the time required to learn skills is not listed at the school. This can be a major factor in determining whether or not to learn a skill; you'll want to learn a construction skill to jump into a market niche, but it could take long enough that competitors beat you to the punch while you're still waiting for learning to complete. There is some risk there, so it would be nice to be able to see how much that risk is. (It also plays a role in the form of expected capital to invest in that industry by the time you've finished learning it; I may not be able to afford building X now, but if the skill takes 3 days to learn it's likely that I'll have the required funds by then.)

ibelimb

Re: Can we please see skill prices, descriptions and time to learn at full skills?

Post by ibelimb » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:33 am

I agree seeing this information would be useful. For now I copied all of the pertinent information into my wiki, which you can see here https://atractor.ibelimb.com/

VDZ

Re: Can we please see skill prices, descriptions and time to learn at full skills?

Post by VDZ » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:20 am

ibelimb wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:33 am
I agree seeing this information would be useful. For now I copied all of the pertinent information into my wiki, which you can see here https://atractor.ibelimb.com/
I can't create an account on your wiki:
Looks like there was an error on sending the password mail. Please contact the admin!
Happened for both of the addresses I tried. Without an account I can't edit anything.

ibelimb

Post by ibelimb » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:22 am

VDZ wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:20 am
ibelimb wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:33 am
I can't create an account on your wiki:
Looks like there was an error on sending the password mail. Please contact the admin!
Happened for both of the addresses I tried. Without an account I can't edit anything.
This was resolved, wiki is available for editing now! :)