Details on how the election works

Forum for all bug reports relating to the 2018 Early Access phase of A tractor
Morvis
Details on how the election works

Post by Morvis » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:28 pm

Is it documented anywhere how the election processed is designed to work.. timeframes for things and how exactly the contribution parts work?

Morvis

Re: Details on how the election works

Post by Morvis » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:48 pm

Found this.

VDZ

Post by VDZ » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:59 pm

I'm not sure how accurate it is, but there is this earlier post from testing:
Mit wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:20 am
Hia.
First off - thanks to everyone who has been participating in the alpha and reporting bugs - its been a great help and genuinely much appreciated. Thank you!

The other evening we ran a quick test through the scripts that allow the creation of a new town - this will now be running for the next few days so let me know if there are any problems with it.

The process goes (or is supposed to go) as follows:
Monday -> Thursday : Players can register their candidacy
Thursday -> Saturday: Candidates must select a campaign budget and a bribe level.
Saturday -> Monday: Three players with the highest campaign budgets are selected to go through to the final stage and voting takes place
Monday : Winner of vote is decided and they can then create a new town. (Also a new process that needs some testing).

If a candidate sets a bribe level, the bribe is paid to each person who votes for them. Any money left in the campaign budget when voting ends is used to corrupt the system, affecting the vote result by up to 50% (proportional to the relative levels of campaign budgets remaining).

Mud-slinging, illegal super-PACs (whatever one of those is), hacking and subterfuge by foreign powers is probably inevitable at some point, but please try to keep things civil for testing purposes :)

After this I will be getting things prepared for moving things on to 'Early Access' on Steam.. more details on that later.

Morvis

Post by Morvis » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:48 pm

Cool I must have just overlooked that one.

Most importantly - Can you officially tell us any future plans for an election?

Morvis

Post by Morvis » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:35 am

Ok here's the deets. Right in the building =)