[Fixed] Vehicle switching carrying capacity check does not consider trailers

Forum for all bug reports relating to the 2018 Early Access phase of A tractor
VDZ
[Fixed] Vehicle switching carrying capacity check does not consider trailers

Post by VDZ » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:47 pm

For a long time I thought we were unable to switch vehicles at all on Grey if your inventory has any items (it shows You are carrying too much to change vehicle. Discard some items first.), but I just found out that with few items in inventory we actually are able to switch between them and started experimenting.

Max items carried to be able to switch to vehicles I own:
Biplane - 30 items
Balloon - 40 items
Tractor v2 - 40 items

Meanwhile, Clementvw confirmed 30 is the max for switching between the Mini and v1. All of these are the max carrying capacity of those vehicles when no trailer is attached, leading me to conclude that the game seems to forget about capacity added by trailers when determining whether or not you can switch to a vehicle. This leads to some rather frustrating experiences where you can get stuck in a vehicle, particularly with Biplanes (which are hard to control and unsuitable for movement over the ground) and bongo games (which put you back into the Tractor v1 after a vehicle-changing game finishes, even if you have a Tractor v2, and you can't switch back unless you have less than 41 items).

Mit
Site Admin

Re: Vehicle switching carrying capacity check does not consider trailers

Post by Mit » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:00 pm

Checked the code..

Code: Select all

// TODO - If Official Atractor Server we need to consider if the trailer will affect this..
Well at least i commented it :).
TODO comment removed and replaced with actual code in the next server update.