[Fixed] Chemicals and houses

Forum for all bug reports relating to the 2018 Early Access phase of A tractor
VDZ
[Fixed] Chemicals and houses

Post by VDZ » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:51 pm

While the idea of dying by eating chemicals in funny, in practice it's causing quite a bit of wonkiness:

* If you're at home and you have Chemicals in your inventory (not even stocked in your house), you will automatically eat them.
* The effect of Chemicals is not reflected in the 'time left to live' estimate (nor warned about anywhere else) so it's quite possible to die to this if unaware.
* The daily summary mail is completely weird when Chemicals are consumed:
You have plenty of food and drink.

Health: OK (98%)
Hunger: OK (0%)
Thirst: OK (10%)
Items consumed since last summary: 2047 Tea, 7 Steaks, 255 Chemicals, 1 Wine
I had about 5-8 Chemicals on me when this happened and it decreased the estimated time left from about 14 days to about 10 days, as well as reducing my health by like 30% - which is also not reflected in the status update (i.e. if you have enough chemicals the game will tell you you're entirely OK while you're actually dying). Obviously, I did not consume (or even own) 2047 Tea.

Root cause of this happening to me, also worth reporting, is that the Rocket Lab is still stock-limited if it has no employee, meaning you can only stock a couple Chemicals in there (4 or so?) before you hit the capacity limit. I wanted to store some somewhere other than the Chemical Lab (which is selling them) so I kept them in my inventory.

Mit
Site Admin

Re: Chemicals and houses

Post by Mit » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:48 pm

I might say that you shouldn't store dangerous chemicals in your house, but you're right.. was briefly funny once but I've stopped it being an edible item now.