Warehouse issues

Forum for all bug reports relating to the 2018 Early Access phase of A tractor
clementvw
Warehouse issues

Post by clementvw » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:58 am

Issue 1). Warehouse counts as a building, not as a house. 6 Max. applies.

Issue 2) It's an industrial building, and needs to be build in the 2nd town, maybe as intended,
but it still sucks if you want to store small amounts or cheap stuff and having to spend 1s on fuell for it (2x back and forth)
(e.g. for 25 fertilizer it quintiples the price).

Issue 3) I need 3 small warehouses if i want to store the 300 fertilizer needed for the next harvest, that's a serious (read: stupid) investment.

VDZ

Re: Warehouse issues

Post by VDZ » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:08 pm

By hogging all of the fertilizer between November and March you cut the crop yield of other farmers in half (well, only by 21% this year as you refused to buy Jett's 10d fertilizer). While you're probably intending to buy outside of that timeframe and store that in your warehouses, having a lot of storage capacity does allow for such shenanigans (see also the food and drink buyout near the end of Grey), so I don't think it should come for cheap. Looking at it from another perspective, 100 storage space allows you to store 16h40m's worth of fertilizer (as it produces only 1 fertilizer per 10 minutes). If it were raised to 300 storage space, you would need only three warehouses to store all fertilizer being produced in a year on Lovelace (with plenty of space to spare; even just two warehouses would completely screw over other farmers, holding 600 of 720 fertilizer produced, including the 10d fertilizer).

clementvw

Post by clementvw » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:25 pm

Storing fertilizer that would otherwise just sit and rot in stock are shenanigans huh?
Tell that to the ranchers.

VDZ

Post by VDZ » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:54 pm

clementvw wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:25 pm
Storing fertilizer that would otherwise just sit and rot in stock are shenanigans huh?
Tell that to the ranchers.
For that you can blame Mit for having livestock farms produce 210 fertilizer during a period in which fertilizer cannot be used while they have a stock capacity of only 25.

Though with 'shenanigans' I was referring to buying up all the fertilizer during the period in which it CAN be used, to prevent other farms from using fertilizer.

Morvis

Post by Morvis » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:00 pm

Shenanigans to some, economic strategies in a competition to others.

VDZ

Post by VDZ » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:25 pm

Morvis wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:00 pm
Shenanigans to some, economic strategies in a competition to others.
Indeed. So the question is: Does it make the game more fun? I don't think having easier options for large-scale buyouts to prevent others from competing (or worse, in the case of buyouts related to food or drinks), with the added risk of creating a monopoly nobody wants to compete against, makes the game more fun to anybody except those involved in the buyout.

ATC's tons of mansions on Grey were bullshit and the entire reason warehouses exist was to make item hoarding not trivial.

Mit
Site Admin

Post by Mit » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:09 am

I will look into why the warehouses aren't counting as houses, thats a bug.

Much of the rest of the original issue is (to me) more to do with the early-stage (and deliberate) difficulty with fuel - if/when fuel prices drop and more efficient vehicles are available most of the issue becomes less.

Otherwise, whether the 100 capacity on a small warehouse justifies the cost or not is debatable and (potentially) tweakable, but I do see it like many things where you get much less value for your money for the cheap/small version compared to the more expensive larger ones.

clementvw

Post by clementvw » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:42 am

The building count was the main issue,
in your own time, go ahead and fix it,
let me know when so that i dont make the trip for a 3rd time for nuttin thanks ;-)

To get around the thing that only allows you to place warehous in industrial half of town,
maybe only place warhouses outside of town like a farm, like fishing cabin ;-)

Mit
Site Admin

Post by Mit » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:53 pm

building count should be fixed now.
The restriction of warehouses to industrial towns only is very deliberate and won't be changed.

clementvw

Post by clementvw » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:57 am

Aight, thanks,
keep up the good work (y) ( that's a thumbs up in old msn)

BTW, there is some scaffolding remaining after building if finished.