List of working commands

For anything Games for May related.
wes773
List of working commands

Post by wes773 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:45 am

Hello, I don't believe anyone has tested which commands work in the newest version of the game. I don't know if this is helpful to anyone, but I figure it's interesting enough to post about. Zaroba's tuwr.net has them listed but it appears there's a problem with the site. I was still able to see the commands in even with the site not working properly, so I ran down the list of commands available to players(auth 0). Also I would like to note that it appears we are not barons(auth 4 ).

There's a few interesting things I found while doing this:
  • All of the racing related commands besides .startrace work, but they give error messages due to not being in a race. I have not tested them while in a race minigame.

We can change robocrows using the .crow # command. This could probably mess with the crow minigames but I haven't tried yet. I only tried in free roam.

We can change horns for the tractor using the .horn #

Family and team commands work.
Below is a list of commands. Not all do much of anything, but a lot of them can be useful. Some are disabled and some are tied to skills that probably aren't available.
  • *familycreate (name:password)
    *familycreate RoT:fungus
    Typed to create a family. The password is case sensitive, name is to but * Default Auth Level Needed: Player (0)
    only to the extent of showing it listed (if you type it with a cap letter, it'll appear like that in the top family listings)

*familyjoin (name:password)
    *familyjoin Crenlons:keepthepeace
    Typed to join a family. The password is case sensitive.

*family
    Typed to list the members in your family. An * beside a players name means * Default Auth Level Needed: Player (0)
    there currently on the island. A (dscd) next to a name means they have died.

*familylist (family name)
    *familylist valhalla
    Typed to display the members of the specified family

*familyleave
    Type to leave the family your in, if you are the head of a family, the only way to leave is to disband the family.

*familydisband
    Type to kick all members and erase the family, if you do this the only way to get the family back is to remake it and ask everybody to join again. This command only works if you are the family head.

*familysetpass (new password)
    *familysetpass letmein
    Type to change your family's password. This command only works if you are * Default Auth Level Needed: Player (0)
    the family head.

*familykick (name)
    *familykick blackdevil
    Type to kick the specified member from the family. This command only works if you are the family head.

.team
    .team
    Type to join the team game in a neutral, unassigned team.

.join
    .join 4
    Type to join the team game in the specified team. Teams are good for keeping score while crowing and ground combat (like family wars). Members of the same team can't hurt each other.

*scores
    Type to display the current game scores if the island is set to the proper game mode

*game
    typed to display information on the current game. like when it ends.
    Default Auth Level Needed: Player (0)

*showticket (player name)
    *showticket fearnick
    Typed to show what ticket a specified player baught.

*showjobs (player name)
    *showjobs knoxjoey
    Typed to show where a player works and thier salery.

*showrented (player name)
    *showrented smilinjoe
    Typed to show buildings a player rents and has rented out to other players.

*showowned (player name)
    *showowned zoricgovernment
    Typed to show what buildings the specified player owns.

*lasthere (player name)
    *lasthere mit
    Typed to show the last tiem a player was on the island.

.querytime
    Shows the local time of the player highlighted in the player list.

.queryvers
    Select a name in the player list, then type this to see what client version they are using.

.drawdist (500-900)
    .drawdist 500
    Type to adjust your viewing distance. The lower the number the less you can see, but the smoother your game will run.

*royalty
    Types to show the royal family of the island. The royal family can use vehicle 22. Whether or not royalty is used on an island it up to the island owner.

*economy
    Type to show the economy settings of the island you are currently on.

*getvers
    Type to show what version the server is running on.

.vers
    Type to show what version your running on.

*stats
    Type this to see the island statistics. It shows the total players that have made accounts, how many are alive, and how many buildings have been built

*suicide
    Type this to kill yourself. On almost all islands you will NOT gain money or anything else from this, just lose all you own and 1 life. Disabled

*survey
    Geology skill required

*town
    Typed to see who is a resident of your home town
    Default Auth Level Needed: Player (0)

.rocket
    Type to launch a firework if you have the Firework Skill.

.horn (0-3)
    .horn 2
    Type this to change the sound of your horn

.crow (1-8)
    .crow 6
    Type this to change which crow you use in Crow mode (F5). Each crow is different, and none are the best, its all opioniative. Each island has different crow settings.

*vehicle (number (1-24)
    *vehicle 5
    Type this to change which vehicle your driving. On most islands you must own the vehicle to change to it.

.help
    Type this to display a list of helpful commands. It will make your chat box expand, hitting F7 will shrink it again.

.fly
    Type this to enter Fly mode. You leave your character and can "fly" around the island to see what there is. Hitting F8, F9, or F11 will turn it off. Hitting tab will make a Caw Caw sound. this command is currently broken though

.away
    Type this to specify that you are away. Thier will be a (Away) next to your name in the player list. Typing .away again will remove the (Away).

.accounts
    Type this to display a detailed outline of your money flow from the day you joined the island

.profile 1
    Type this to display bandwidth usage details. nothing really important or exciting, unless you know what it all means.

Mit
Site Admin

Re: List of working commands

Post by Mit » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:24 am

Thanks for doing that, wes.. tis handy.
You're right in thinking that the race and crow commands are troublesome and I will remove (or at least restrict) those.
I'm surprised the family stuff still works but thats kinda nice :) I might even activate the family employee discount...

wes773

Post by wes773 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:28 am

I'm glad to help. Morvis and I can't figure out the family chat button. I'm guessing it got changed/removed at some point. Maybe the tribe ~ thing replaced it? I have no idea how to use that. Chat channels under the settings>global chat options does work though, so that's awesome.

Mit
Site Admin

Post by Mit » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:04 am

Family chat was on # but that was replaced by space factions a few years back (when such things existed and were more universal than the per-world families..) I'll put it back in for now :) - next client.