Fishing Assist thoughts

For anything Games for May related.
Boldheart
Fishing Assist thoughts

Post by Boldheart » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:50 am

Let the fishing assist run for an hour today, and noticed that when i came back i had zero fish.

Now, maybe i just need to let it run longer, or it is bugged. But, decided that i'd add a thought or two:
Fish pricing seems really good right now for fishing by hand. It's enough to get you into it and provide an emergency fund when you get low on fuel.
Also, its pretty fun-- the mechanics are great and catching a big fish is exciting!

The fishing assist is slow, and it SHOULD be slow-- but i would suggest that it at least:
A) Yield enough return to make it more worthwhile than staying in your house. (You should earn enough to offset not getting the 20% bonus)
B) Yield enough to offset fuel costs running to/from the closest lake.

Good game!

VDZ

Re: Fishing Assist thoughts

Post by VDZ » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:33 pm

Either something went wrong (did you lose connection or something?) or you got really, really unlucky. I autofished a lot earlier in the world and my calculations indicate you catch an average of 3.3 fish per hour, with a 10% chance of a fish being large, resulting in an average revenue of about 38d per hour (over 9s per 24h). My estimate is that autofishing is worthwhile if you spend at least two hours straight autofishing, otherwise fuel costs may eat up all of your revenue or even exceed it.

When you're poor it's definitely worth it, and it really helped me out early in the world. That said, the economy has changed quite a bit since then and it may no longer be as financially interesting now there's decent money to be made by transporting goods.

nawpar

Post by nawpar » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:15 pm

I think it needs to yield more fish. It needs to be way more profitable. Why is no one doing it?

Penthus

Post by Penthus » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:10 pm

Also agree this needs to be increased slightly. 2 hours fishing only yielded 2 small fish and a large fish.

Penthus

Post by Penthus » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:00 pm

Just ran a 14 hour test and caught

34 small fish selling @ 5d each
2 large fish selling @70d each

This netted me 3s10d. In the mean time I nearly starved to death as I was doing it afk. Now I know it shouldn't be a massive money maker but I do believe the rate of large fish should be increased or selling prices of small fish increased. At the moment it's just not worth doing.