Economy Building Changes

For anything Games for May related.
Penthus
Economy Building Changes

Post by Penthus » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:10 am

Hey guys Mit was on the server today and said we should have s a discussion on what can be changed to allow the economy to flow without relying on Alts to be required for things like raw materials and the lower profit skills.

My basic idea is an increase in building slots and an extra skill slot that can be used on a raw material skill. Also a limit of 2 for the same building type to prevent people spamming Farms, Ranches and other high profit buildings. Feel free to add your ideas and opinions below and hopefully we can work something out that Mit agrees with.

Option 1

4 skills with 1 locked to Raw material production
skills grant 2 building slots each
2 extra building slots to be used where desired
max 2 buildings of same type besides Raw material buildings with 3

example

Miner
Farming
Ranching
Steel Worker

2 farms
2 ranches
3 ore Mines
1 Steel Refinery
1 Steel Forges
1 Steel Workshop

This allows people to use everything in their skill trees without flooding the economy with the same building. Also allows people to have money making skills (Farms/Ranches) while having building to help the economy that aren't as profitable. The skill point locked to Raw material buildings helps prevent people just getting Production buildings.

Option 2

increase building slots to:
6 non members
8 members
skills to 4 with 1 locked to Raw material production
Split the building definitions up a bit so there is the 4 building max for each catagory. Production (Bakery,Brewery...), Raw Material(Lumber,Quarry...) and Retail(Restaurant, Cafe, Petrol station...)
Max of same building set to 2, Raw material buildings to 3

Gives a slight increase in the number of buildings everyone can build while at the same time letting people help out the economy with the 4th skill locked to a raw material production skill.

Option 3

increase building slots to:
6 non members
8 members
skills to 4 with 1 locked to Raw material production
Max of same building set to 2, Raw material buildings to 3

The most simple change that is just an increase without any major changes.

innistria

Re: Economy Building Changes

Post by innistria » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:41 am

Sounds, like a very good idea to me, as I was considering making an alt for the first time ever in any game, which is something I don't really want to do. As thing stand the game could not run without alts. Locking one slot to production, be it mining or quarrying, would make things work much better, leaving the world not so low on resources.

Morvis

Re: Economy Building Changes

Post by Morvis » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:51 am

I have a novel idea. For each of the alternate accounts, invite a friend to join, and do whatever the alt might be doing in its stead.

;)