Aramathea Status & Bug Reports

For anything Games for May related.
Mit
Site Admin
Aramathea Status & Bug Reports

Post by Mit » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:33 am

The majority of the work on the universal for a while will be aimed at finishing, fixing and improving the Aramathea world (on which all players currently start).

For the past few weeks, that's involved digging out the old scripts that were last used in 2013, updating them to work with new features, and re-writing various bits so it all works as a single world, without the artificial divisions of chapter changing that was put in back then.

Right now, the world 'mostly works' up to the point of the beginnings of the medieval era. (Thorough testing has been undertaken by my two daughters who I think kindof enjoyed spending a couple of rainy sunday afternoons building lyceums and whatnot with their dad.) ('Nooo, dad! Don't make us build another lyceum! We want to watch minecraft videos all day')

Next we'll be looking at fixing and changing the medieval bits, then move on to adding a further layer of tech-tree and buildings etc so that players can progress to the 'modern' era. And drive about in tractors etc. That'll likely take a fair few months.

Meanwhile we'll be frequently resetting and re-running the world, tweaking and changing the values for things in order to find the right balance between a world that can occupy a fair bit of time but doesn't drag on too long or put up too many artificial blockers that prevent progress. It'll also need adjusting quite a bit so that it can dynamically scale better depending on the amount of players around - my aim being to make it so that its playable (and hopefully reasonably 'fun') whether there be 3 or 50 players active. (Any more than 50 - not gonna happen :] - and we'd probably start looking at adding instances).

If you find anything that seems broken but you think it probably shouldn't be, please do let me know on this thread.

Morvis

Re: Aramathea Status & Bug Reports

Post by Morvis » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:44 pm

building a cabin gives no wisdom.

Morvis

Post by Morvis » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:23 pm

Can build buildings while still learning the skill used to build them.

Morvis

Post by Morvis » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:44 pm

I selected to build and put in the 40 stone blocks to make a kiln, but it made a blacksmith instead.

Mit
Site Admin

Post by Mit » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:21 pm

thanks for the reports, morb. Skill check will be fixed in next server update. Checked and tested the Kiln construction script and can't see anything wrong with that ; will need to keep an eye on that one. Wasn't intending to give wisdom for Cabin construction - any particular reason you were expecting some for that? (Is it suggested to you elsewhere - either directly or indirectly ? )

Zyrvox

Post by Zyrvox » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:53 pm

I have only 2 skills yet when i try to learn education it shows i have the max skills wisdom req 2 which i have also

Mit
Site Admin

Post by Mit » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:28 pm

just for the record, philosophy skills limit fixed in script now.

Trynez

Post by Trynez » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:29 pm

Normally when you go forward and press shift you can keep running at 17 mph without touching anything, but if you return to the frontend and enter the game again, you walk at 10 mph, and if holding shift you'll run at 17 mph (however you have to keep holding the key this time)

Kirby

Post by Kirby » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:47 am

Allo! Ran into this :

- For the first-time login, if your password is longer than 15 characters, you can't login (until you reset your pass). Profile (on forums) doesn't let you change the pass. :)

Mit
Site Admin

Post by Mit » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:26 am

Mornin Kirby :) Nice to see you about.
Nice find :]. I've added the 'User Control Panel' link on the forum which should allow you to change your forum password.
Limit will remain < 16 characters for passwords for the moment, but i'll look to update that later.