So, that counter on the mainpage....

For anything Games for May related.
Morvis
So, that counter on the mainpage....

Post by Morvis » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:21 pm

What is being defined as an 'amount' in terms of game development? Is it lines of code? Is it hours? Is it minutes? Is it completed routines? Is it bits and pieces?

At either rate, it's sad to see that big 0 staring at me every time I pull up the page.

Maybe its secretly a counter for how many times Mit has even looked at the forum since that update was placed and only he knows it so it really means nothing to anybody else.

Lets just hope the old man hasn't planked on us.

Mit
Site Admin

Re: So, that counter on the mainpage....

Post by Mit » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:20 pm

Far from planking, im off enjoying (what remains of) the beautiful world around us rather than sitting at a desk updating a counter. :]

Amongst the various contemplations of life, the universe and game development that have happened upon me when distracted from my (potentially) true purpose of attempting to 'refine' nature through primitive human intervention, a continuing fondness for A tractor has appeared, but that may be more due to nature than nurture. Or the other way around.

Its still 0 though atm, sorry. Well maybe 0.5.

I accidentally watched 25 seconds of the news today and it made me feel so sick that I might not get to 0.75 for a few more months.

Morvis

Post by Morvis » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:04 pm

Right on. Like I've always said... no rush, I'm not going anywhere. Except maybe outside for a few minutes here n there. Not until these kids get out of their schooling, anyway.

Zyrvox

Post by Zyrvox » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:58 pm

Is there any chance at least to get to 0.76 as I cant get into the ancient history, just to keep my lil guy from completely going mad, as he likes to run about and paddle in the water, amongst picking berries and chopping trees and stuff or is he doomed forever :cry:

Mit
Site Admin

Post by Mit » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:02 am

Ahh, the poor fella ain't doomed.. 0.76% achieved... your quiet old world should be accessible again now, for paddling and chopping.
Amongst all the other things I really need to move the universe to linux.. its just a local windows 10 box (spit, curse, etc) that keeps causes this disruption :/

Morvis

Post by Morvis » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:39 am

can we get a download link? An OS reinstall made mine lost.

Morvis

Post by Morvis » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:42 am

nevermind. I found 'ancient history'.

All is well.

Zyrvox

Post by Zyrvox » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:27 pm

Yep all is well, :D my little primitive guy can now enjoy his paddling and chopping wood again,as he tries to go for 0.77